Merchandising Training Program: January 2013
Zale Corporation is committed to providing one of the most comprehensive Merchandise Training Programs within the jewelry retail industry. Our 6-month rotational program includes both classroom and on-the-job development in several key business areas: merchandising, planning and allocation, sourcing, the distribution center, and our stores. These valuable experiences will provide a well-rounded and integrated understanding of the various roles within each of the departments and the company as a whole.
Skills learned during the program will prepare you for an Assistant position located at our Store Support Center/Corporate Headquarters in Irving, Texas. Typically, a graduate of the program will progress from Assistant Merchant at their own pace within the company. You'll have the opportunity to exercise your new knowledge and skills between any of our six brands. It's all ultimately designed to help you reach both your career and personal potential.
Your Experiences Will Include
- An introduction to Zale Corporation's history, culture, values, and the vision for our family of brands
- Working with and learning from some of the top professionals within the jewelry industry
- The opportunity to share insights and to interact with our CEO and Senior Leadership Team Members during Executive Round Table Discussions and at Lunch and Learn events
- Participation in various professional development workshops and system training sessions
- The ability to apply your newly learned skills in the setting of actual buying and planning departments
What We're Looking For
- A Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Merchandising/Retail, Finance, Business or related majors (preferred)
- A solid academic record - minimum 3.0 GPA
- Prior or current experience working in retail (strongly preferred, but not required)
- U.S. citizen or permanent work status (required)
The Merchandising Training Program is a salaried position and offers a package of great employee benefits.